Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Yumminess and 101

Today was the first day of my UltraMetabolism Prescription. Phase I is a three week detox, avoiding dairy, eggs and gluten, and focusing on whole foods. I was hungry most of the day, so I know I have to make some adjustments tomorrow, especially with breakfast. I'm used to filling, fatty, high carb breakfast sandwiches so the smoothie I made was a big change.

For breakfast I made the Berriest Smoothie recipe from the UltraMetabolism book. Super yummy! With these super hot days we're having right now, this will be a pretty common breakfast!
IMG00170-20100706-0856.jpg

For a snack at work I had an orange and some almonds. After work I had an apple and almonds, and later on a banana.
IMG00171-20100706-1124.jpg

Lunch was the White Beans on a Bed of Greens recipe from the book. Donnie even tried some and liked it!
IMG00172-20100706-1231.jpg

Dinner was super yummy. I made the Wile Salmon with Rosemary, Sweet Potatoes and Lemon Asparagus recipe, minus the asparagus. The recipe called for dry mustard, which I couldn't find, so I used dijon mustard. So good! Donnie really liked it, too, and said he'd definitely want it again.
IMG00173-20100706-2048.jpg

I knocked another letter for my 26 movies off of my list today. We watch S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale. It wasn't as good as Donnie Darko, but still weird and interesting. So, 2 letters down, 24 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment