Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Morrocehhhh Chicken and 101 Update

Donnie stayed home from work today so I was able to enjoy some uninterrupted video time in the office. Since I didn't have any new shows to watch I got in Episode 2 of Season 1 of True Blood - damn Megavideo for cutting me off half way through episode 3! *sigh* After that I decided to just watch some movies online from Netflix. The first was I'm Reed Fish. This was a cute movie. It had a nice twist that I didn't expect and I enjoyed the story and loved the cast. Then I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was totally lame but cute. Tonight we watched Halloween II, the Rob Zombie version. Oh my. I didn't think it was as gruesome as I had been told, but still pretty gory! I'm excited about all of these movies, because I hadn't seen any of them before, so I can check I, C and H off of my list for my 101! Woo hoo! That's 4 out of 26 movies already! I'm also on Day 6 of my restarted 365 Project. All of my photos are posted under the 365 Project tab.

Today was a good food day. Breakfast and lunch were the same as yesterday, with the addition of a banana with breakfast. I didn't finish my lunch because it was 90 degrees in my office (with the a/c AND a fan), so I didn't have much of an appetite. When I got home I made a new snack recipe out of the UltraMetabolism book. Artichoke Paste. It was super easy and yummy. I had it with Trader Joe's Multigrain and Flaxseed Water Crackers, which sadly aren't really 100% on the plan, but they're not far off and were the best flax crackers I could find when I was shopping.

IMG00175-20100707-1720.jpg
IMG00176-20100707-1720.jpg

For dinner I made the Moroccan Chicken recipe from the book. It's supposed to be with cauliflower, but I forgot to buy it, so I just threw in some green peppers instead. The recipe called for Garam Masala but I didn't figure out what that was beforehand so I just got some Masala Simmering Sauce instead. It also called for Pomegranate Molasses but I couldn't find that either, so I just eliminated it. I made some brown rice to have along with it, and to bulk it up. It was pretty bland as it was, so Donnie and I both added more of the Masala sauce after and that helped. Needless to say, I'll be eating leftovers but I probably won't make it again. Super filling and not too bad in the end, but not something we'd jump to eat again. I'll definitely play around with it and the way it's cooked, though.

IMG00179-20100707-2045.jpg

For dessert I had a few pieces of Trader Joe's Organic Super Dark Chocolate. Now, I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate, but I know I need to become one. It wasn't too bad!

IMG00182-20100707-2247.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment