Friday, July 9, 2010

Chugging Along

Yesterday was so hot, work was miserable. I'm really hoping we can find a new a/c unit for the office ASAP because it's been 90 degrees in there the last few days and I've been miserable and crabby. The heat didn't help when I went to make lunch and realized the leftover Moroccehh Chicken I brought needed to be warmed up and with the extra Masala simmering sauce we added had a bit of heat to it. I nuked it a little and then let it cool down and it was still ehhh. Breakfast was yummy, though. I changed up the flavor of my smoothie and went with strawberry banana. I chopped up a couple of bananas and froze them overnight. Yum! So, this was Day 3 on the plan, and so far so good. It's proving a bit tougher when I don't have specific recipes to follow, and I will have to make a trip to the store tonight or tomorrow to get a few things. But, I'm absolutely loving cooking every night, and who would have thought that actually USING the kitchen would help to keep it cleaner! I'm also loving cooking for Donnie, who is a cook, and watching him enjoy not only the meal I made but a HEALTHY meal. He actually told me yesterday that he wants to start eating healthier, and I was so excited. He came home and tossed the leftover KFC we had in the fridge! My only problem now is we are going camping next weekend. We are going with his cousin and her boyfriend and she texted me last night asking if I wanted to get together before to plan meals and go shopping. I realized I have some serious planning to do if I'm gonna make it through this trip staying as close to on plan as possible. I think that if I can get through next weekend without too much damage, I can stick to this plan no problem.

Dinner was unplanned, so I figured I would just throw something together. I decided to make some Tilapia and an Arugula salad that was in the UltraMetabolism book. I really had no idea how to cook the tilapia, but found a yummy lemon butter recipe on the package so I went with that and it was a HUGE hit! I really have no idea if I'm able to have butter, as it's simply not listed under either "foods to enjoy" or "foods to avoid", but oh well. I figure that as long as I don't go crazy on it all of the time, it's okay. Moderation, right? (Don't mind my nasty stove in the pic, it got a good cleaning after!)

IMG00184-20100708-2132.jpg

We also watched a couple of movies, so I get to knock 2 more letters off! We watched Public Enemies, which was a little slow and could have been WAY more exciting for what it was about, but was good overall, and I loved the eye candy cast - Johnny Depp AND Christian Bale in the same movie, playing cops and robbers? Oh yeah, I'm all over that one! We also watched The Gamer. Totally not my thing, but I needed to take care of G! It was an interesting concept. Donnie loved it because it had everything a guy "like him" wants: games, boobs and violence. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment