Thursday, July 1, 2010

Only 99 Left!

So, today marks the day that I was FINALLY able to mark an item off on my 101 in 1001 list! And I actually get to mark off TWO things! Woo hoo!!!! I had to run to Office Depot during work today and picked up a 26 folder file case - with a handle! So, when we got home from work I sat down and made a list of all of the bill/paperwork categories I could think of, wrote out the labels and labeled the folders. Then I collected all of the bills and paperwork and put them away. Super lame and simple, I know, but everything I filed away was so scattered around the house, so it's really nice to finally have it all organized! I'm feeling such a sense of accomplishment and responsibility. For the first time in my adult life I'm able to pay all of my bills, and I'm so excited!

The second item I can check off is buying a washer and dryer! I just bought a set from a friend's estate sale at her mom's. We'll be picking them up tomorrow! I'm overly giddy about the idea of being able to do laundry at HOME tomorrow night! I haven't been able to do that in over a year. It's another small thing, but I'm thrilled.

I'm really loving working on this list. While these two items were tiny, they're things that needed to be done, that will help me in other areas and really give me a sense of accomplishment. Little things like this can be easily overlooked, so it's nice knowing that I knew something needed to be done and I did it. GO ME!

2 down, 99 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment