Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's Feeling Like a Lifestyle...

Friday was kinda hit and miss on the food front. Food was a big focus for the day, because I spent awhile messaging back and forth on Facebook with Donnie's cousin about our camping trip next weekend. I'm kind of nervous. I really want to stick to my diet as much as possible but it will be hard in that sort of situation, with limited storage space and everyone else eating differently. I have a big list of foods I want to take, most of which I can prepare ahead. It's just a matter of narrowing it down enough to be able to fit in a cooler. I'm confident, though. I may not get through the weekend 100% on plan, but I will do my best and enjoy myself and be proud of sticking to my guns. I got on the scale a couple of days early this morning and was down 2.6 lbs since Monday! If that's not motivation for me to stick to this plan as much as possible, I don't know what is.

I watched two movies yesterday, as well. Only one gets to go toward my 101, though. I watched Miss Conception, which was a lame romantic movie with Heather Graham using an English accent and trying to get pregnant when she finds out she only has one egg left and is about to ovulate. Cute, but lame as expected. It lets me knock M off of my list, though! When I got home Donnie and I watched Shrek the Third, because I hadn't seen it yet and want to see the new one. So cute! I love Shrek!!!! I'm also excited to report that we finally got the washer and dryer hooked up and I was able to wash two loads last night. It's crazy how big of a difference in your life simply being able to do laundry at home makes!

Yesterday wasn't overly exciting food-wise. I had my usual smoothie for breakfast, and totally bombed on lunch. I brought the leftover arugula salad, topped with some more baby spring mix greens and the golden vinaigrette dressing, a can of tuna and some white beans with dijon. It should have been yummy. But, there was so much oil in the dressing that it just ruined it all. I even went in the bathroom at work and drained some oil out but it was still gross. I ate as much as I could and gave up. I ate my almonds and went home and had a grapefruit. I sincerely believe this was the first time I've ever eaten a grapefruit without sugar! Yum! Donnie wasn't very hungry when I wanted to make dinner, so I just threw together a bit of a stir fry. I had an uncooked chicken breast leftover from the other night and some leftover rice. I cut up the chicken and cooked it in some EVOO with garlic and ground ginger, tossed in a bag of frozen bell pepper strips and some edamame. It was colorful and yummy and with some low-sodium soy sauce it was totally my kind of meal!
IMG00188-20100709-2032.jpg
IMG00189-20100709-2046.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment