Monday, September 20, 2010

DIY Street Fair

The thing I love most about where we live is that there are tons of awesome festivals going on all summer. This past weekend was a three-in-one art fair. We only made it to one part, the DIY Street Fair. There were tons of tents of locals artists selling their work, a beer tent where the local microbrewery, The WAB, had a bunch of local beers on tap. I fell completely in love with Mt. Pleasant Brewing Company's Coal Stoker's Blackberry Ale. I'm all about fruity beer, and this was just delicious. I will definitely be seeing if I can purchase it anywhere around here. Donnie loved Atwater Block Brewery's Dirty Blonde. We didn't get to any of the food, but it was all from the bars in town and smelled delicious! The music was all local bands, and I must say, Detroit is still filled with incredible musical talent! I wound up buying a necklace from a local handmade glass artist who had the most amazing pieces. I seriously wanted to buy everything she was displaying! We chatted with the artist a bit and she was super nice and really sweet. I will definitely be buying more of her work in the future!

IMG00417-20100920-0007.jpg
It's reversible!
IMG00418-20100920-0007.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment