Friday, May 7, 2010

In The Zone?

After doing some more research on the Low GI diet, I'm strongly considering trying The Zone. It shares many of the same principles, and is highly recommended for those with Diabetes. I like the idea of trying a more structured program to start with, as the glycemic index is proving difficult for me to grasp. After registering (for free) on I've learned how many "blocks" of protein, carbs and fat I need, which will help give me a good basis for planning my meals. I do miss Weight Watchers, as the program was easy, forgiving and definitely a lifestyle (not a diet), but I'm thinking I will try The Zone and see how it goes, and maybe down the road intertwine the two.

So, by using my guesstimated weight, and a semi-accurate (and disgusting) measurement of my waist and hips, I need 77 grams of protein a day, equaling 11 blocks of protein, carbs and fat. Now to find out what all of that means!

No comments:

Post a Comment