Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Big Step Toward a Healthier Me!

I started smoking when I was 14, quit when I was 19 and started again a year and a half ago at 25. I have really wanted to quit, but the idea has been scary, as my boyfriend and most of the people we spend our time with smoke. Yesterday we made an amazing purchase that I'm hoping will bring huge and incredible changes to our lives. We bought two electronic cigarette kits. We got one that looks like an actual cigarette and has a recharging carrying case, and another that is a groovy blue and looks like a pen. We did the math and if we use these as much as we smoked cigarettes, we will be saving over $3000 a year. While the money part is definitely a huge draw, I'm so excited thinking about all of the chemicals we are no longer taking in. I am really hoping to make good use out of these products and gradually switch to a lower nicotine level and eventually not need this anymore, but for now, it's a great item that helps with the nicotine cravings as well as the hand/mouth habit that comes with smoking. I'm so proud of us for making this decision, and so excited to be able to breathe better, look better, smell better, workout harder and longer and to know that I'm not simply helping my PCOS bring on a ton of crappy health problems. While I may be taking very small baby steps toward my smarter choices and healthier habits, I wouldn't get anywhere if I didn't take a step at all.

Will definitely be posting more about the e-cigs as we use them more!

No comments:

Post a Comment